CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking back...

This year I advertised new blog posts on Facebook, which has generated a lot more traffic to it and kept me committed to it. I was also lucky enough to have a few posts get picked up by Simply Frugal in Canada and Money Saving Mom, and on those days, I had over 1000 hits alone. Pretty cool.

I have said it many times, the purpose of this blog is mainly for me. It's an outlet for me to serve many purposes; to keep my family updated, to share funny stories and days with my children, to share craft and recipe ideas, and, occasionally, to vent. For me to get it all out of my head so that I can try to make sense of something and feel better. I choose to then publish the posts to facebook because I want to share with you, or because I am interested in the possible feedback, or because I want certain people to read it. Or all of the above. I love blogging, and I love reading pther people's blogs. I have learned so much, gotten so many ideas and been inspired, bt people I have never met, from all over the world.


This post marks my 134th of 2010. Here are few of my favourites that I wrote this year...some that I tend to go back and read from time to time, some I am proud of, and some I never want to forget...

Makenna's Birthday Letter and Jack's Birthday Letter...I love doing this, and I explained why here. I loved hearing back that this inspired some of you to start this tradition as well.

My Mother's Day and Father's Day blogs...they took a lot of thought and consideration of how to say what I wanted to say, and they truly impacted those who they were directed to...which is always great.

Illy and Goodbye Illy. Ohhh what a memory that is, one I hope never to forget, and now, through the beauty of this blog, I won't.

I can finally tell you my news and Drumroll Please... What an awesome experience that was!

The House that Built me. Inspired by one of my dearest friends, I spent a lot of time on this blog post, and was very pleased with the way it turned out, and the feedback I recieved.

From Bus Rides to Babies - this blog summarizes a friendship that was renewed over the past year - one that I am so grateful for.

Saying Goodbye and In Memory . Sigh.

Thinking about things you'd rather not think about and Why you need a Will - i had no idea these would generate such a response, but I'm glad they did.

April 29 2010. Still not a lot I want to say here. But this blog means a lot to me, and to some others, and scratches the surface of a huge area of my life.

Michael's Story. Love that kid. To bits.

What the hell is Smoyc? Oh, so many memories this post envokes. I would not be who I am today without these girls. Hard to believe I wrote that almost a year ago.

And, of course...the blog post that has perhaps made the biggest difference this year...

What the Heck are Swagbucks???
Tee hee....you knew it was coming.

I'm curious...what were your fave blog posts on here from this past year?
Happy 2011!
!!

0 comments: