CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What the heck are Swagbucks???

Have you seen the banner at the bottom of my page announcing how many "swagbucks" I have?

Every day Makenna comes down and turns on the computer and announces "Mom...you've earned another swagbuck!...what is a swagbuck??"

I signed up for Swagbucks a couple months ago when I found out about them from The Frugal Girl.
She explained:


Swagbucks is basically a search engine that rewards you with Swagbucks on a fairly random basis when you do searches on the site. In my experience, you usually get between 10-20 swagbucks at a time. These Swagbucks are redeemable for a variety of prizes, but it seems that most swaggers choose to use them for Amazon.com gift cards. A $5 Amazon gift card will run you 450 Swagbucks, so the Swagbuck numbers don’t at all correspond to real dollars. You can also earn Swagbucks by doing other things, such as shopping through the Swagbucks site or checking the Swagbucks blog for codes. There’s also a Swagbucks blog that sometimes includes Swag codes, and which sometimes sends you on an internet version of scavenger hunts to find more Swag codes.

I am on the internet all the time and figured, hey, instead of using Google, I can use the Swagbucks toolbar (installed after you sign up) to do my searches. I have just earned Swagbucks by doing searches, and I really haven’t put a whole lot of effort into it. My plan is to put whatever swagbucks I have towards the shopping on Amazon I do at Christmas time - something I do every year anyway. It may not be a lot, but it will be more of a discount than I had last year. Since I shop Amazon quite a bit, it's worth it to me. And yes, you can get Amazon.ca giftcards too!

If you're like me that way, or enjoy playing games online (another way to earn swagbucks), just visit the site and sign up for a new account. You'll get 30 swagbucks just for signing up.

:)

0 comments: