CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Makenna!!!

Dear Makenna,

Happy 6th Birthday to you!

It seems you've really grown up in the past year. You're really starting to care about your appearance and are becoming picky about what you would like to wear. You've left the princesses behind and right now you love your Barbies. your Littlest Pet Shop toys and, most recently, you've developed a real liking to Spongebob Squarepants.

Two days from now you will begin Grade 1 at the new "Goderich Public School". You only go to Jodi's before and after school now.

This past year you spent a lot of time with your "BFF" Alexis, while maintaining special relationships with your forever friends Owen, Olivia and Keaton. You love playing Computer games, Wii games and your Nintendo DS, which you just got today. After swimming lessons and Sparks last year, you are looking forward to more swimming and a Dance class at the YMCA this year. You had a great summer playing baseball, going to Camp Kintail, watching Peter Pan in Stratford and going on holidays to Toronto.


You are very close with your brother although you get frustrated with how often he follows and copies you. You had a great year and are definitely growing up fast. You are determined to make your opinions and reasons heard these days. We are entering new territory with you, but that's okay because in so many ways you are still my little girl. I love every day with you, your zest for life, your passion and your enthusiasm. You are such a treasure, so special and I can't wait to see what you conquer and accomplish over the next year.


Love you buddy.




Happy 6th Birthday Makenna!


Well my little girl has sure grown up this past year...and what a year it was!
Even though you show that "I am a young woman" attitude on the outside, you still are young at heart on the inside. And when no one is looking you still love to snuggle and hug. You lost your first tooth this year and I missed it. Of course it fell out at Jodi's. You got two dollars from the tooth fairy for it and it was a very exciting day for you. You will be losing another very soon. You got a DS this year. Very cool. Also, you got these Zsu Zsu pet things that I think are kinda creepy. But you love them so that is all that matters.

You have become a very opinionated young lady this year and I think it is just the start of what we have to look forward to. But it's all a part of the journey that I am sure is going to be a very exciting ride for you. You are awesome, and I am glad to have you as my daughter.

Love ya "Kudo".




Dad.

0 comments: