CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!

Back in the Spring, I bought Makenna a new, beautiful snowsuit from Sears. It was normally $140 and I got it for $40. Hopefully this winter ends up better than last winter. A few weeks ago I got her new snowboots, also from Sears, normally $70...I got them for $17. But I still had nothing for Jack for this upcoming Winter. I also didn't really have a Fall jacket for Makenna. All she has really had for a light jacket is a raincoat, which isn't always appropriate, and a few heavy zip up sweater - jacket things.

Today, I stopped into one of my favourite second hand stores, "It was Yours, now it's Mine"
in Bayfield, and happened upon this.


It's shorter in the front, longer in the back, has a zip up under layer and fastens shut with one simple button. It also has a hood. Its made by "Romeo and Juliette".

It cost me $4.50.

I was even more excited when I saw this:


A green, heavily lined, hooded, zip up puffy winter coat for Jack, made by Old Navy.

I have black snowpants for him already and once I get him some cute matching mittens and a hat, he is set.

This one cost me $5.oo.



Her coat may look a little short in the front, but its actually her shirt that is a bit long. And really, for $4.50, I don't care.



Total cost: $9.50.

These were some of my best all time finds I think.

:)

0 comments: