CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Whole Bunch of Halloween!

Jeff was away all day yesterday and today, just as he was last weekend. At the end of last weekend I wondered what I would do to keep Makenna and Jack busy this weekend. After a full day of housecleaning and laundry yesterday, we spent today preparing for Halloween. The first thing we did was make a Halloween snack for later in the week. We took white chocolate wafers and melted them in the microwave...


Then we tested a little bit of the melted chocolate with food colouring, and as I suspected, it turned all powder-ey and unusable.



But, if you add a tsp of Vegetable Oil to the chocolate, and then the food colouring, it works much better!




Then we took some pretzel sticks


Dipped them in the chocolate
Jack decided it was pajama day.


and rolled them in sprinkles...(I wanted Halloween Spinkles but couldn't find any)



and we made "Magic Wands"!


We also discovered how yummy the pretzel sticks are!!


And yes, she wore that dress all day.

Next up: The pumpkin that 87 year old Papa Roy gave the kids. And by "gave", I really mean "stole from the Mennonites".

Not really appropriate for carving, but perfect for painting.






We got the Halloween decorations and old costumes out...this hat is too small to even fit around Jack's head. Makenna wore this as part of her costume when she had just turned 3...hard to believe it ever fit her. It was originally their cousin Lauren's costume.



Makenna, Halloween 2007. I loved this costume
Also in the Halloween Bin we found some of these bags so we filled them with leaves to decorate the front porch.


We did a bit of decorating inside too, but not much.




We made some Halloween snacks




I got this idea here and filled it with fruit salad,


and I got this idea here.

Once that pumpkin from Papa Roy finally dried, we transformed it into a spider.



Then we went for a walk around the block



still in the Cinderella dress and the Pjs...cause really...who cares...?


And collected some sticks


Which we then painted black




And put them into some pots. We covered the pots with black garbage bags and we're not sure if we will hang something from the sticks, or wrap "Spider webs" through them.




We cut up more garbage bags and decorated the front of our house a bit



And now we are defintely ready for Halloween next weekend.



I do plan to make a couple more treats for Makenna's class party, I just didn't have the stuff I needed today. I plan to make these and these.


Oh, and although I would much rather use paint or Mr Potato Head accessories or candy to decorate pumpkins (check out this page for tons of great ideas) , next weekend we will be carving Jack o Lanterns too.


Of Course.























0 comments: