CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Thursday, August 26, 2010

We'll miss you Tad...

Today, I said goodbye to an old friend. A friend who had been a part of our family's life for the last 2 1/2 years...a friend I came to depend on to get me through some long days...and long nights. A friend that my son loved very much, for a long time.


Our friend Tad.


Tad was a gift to Jack soon after he was born. Night after night he would help us sing and soothe Jack to sleep. Sometimes it took 5 minutes, sometimes it took 10 minutes, sometimes it took longer. There were times that Tad worked extra hard, at multiple times throughout the night. He held a very special place beside Jack in his crib, and if he somehow found his way out, Jack would always be sure to let me know.

Tad took many trips with Jack, and enjoyed naps and sleepovers at The Wormington Farm, Grandma Tam's House, Gran's house and Aunti Cherie's house among others. He was a friend we never left home without, for almost 2 years. If ever we did forget him at home, we felt a sense of panic...and by "we"...I mostly mean "me".

Tad played a role in teaching Jack many things; the words to various favourite songs, how to clap his hands, how to count, and how to laugh. He was a friend to Jack late into the night, and early into the morning. He always listened, always smiled, and always did his best to dry his tears and soothe his fears.

The time came for Tad to make a new friend, to provide calm at bedtime and all through the night, and to share what he knows with someone else who is ready to learn.

Tad was a good friend to Jack, and also to me...he is one of those toys that made its mark in this house, proved its worth. I came to depend on him just as much as Jack did, likely more. It was hard for me to let him go, but I know he will have more fun with his new little friend, then he would have had in our basement.

Yes, I have seen Toy Story 3.

Goodbye old friend, thank you for all you did for Jack, and for me.



Do you have a friend like Tad in your house? Or did you have one as a child? I'd love to hear about it.

0 comments: