CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"If he's anything like me"

I heard a song today and I stopped in my tracks until it ended. I immediately googled it (well, actually, I "swagbucked" it, lol) so I could hear it again.

Music is very powerful and can often sum things up better than I can. And I truly felt the need to blog about this tonight. Right Now.

In this case, the song sums up my husband, my son, and what the future, no doubt, holds for us.

Seems Brad Paisley and my husband had similar childhoods. Hmmm...it's like I'm married to Brad Paisley!

Almost.

But, I digress. The point of this blog entry was to be about Jeff and Jack...and this song is so about Jeff and Jack.

(Just substitute "baseball helmet" for "football helmet" ;) )

And know that yes, Jeff did have casts, did break glass, did get into fights, did try to melt trucks with a magnifying glass, did break the law, did skip class and did love and hate his parents. He does hug his mama, he did shake my Daddy's hand, and of course Jeff cried. And still cries. About everything. All the time. From what we've already seen in 2 short years, he is going to get his payback with Jack. Sadly, so am I.

All we can hope, is that he'll turn out just fine...just like Jeff did.


0 comments: