CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pinterest Project: The places we've been

I pinned this project from Pinterest quite awhile ago and today had the time to do it.  The best thing about it is that I had everything I needed on hand so I didn't spend a penny today to make it happen.  We have lots of Pinterest-worthy goodies in our garage, including scrap wood so after I wrote down all the places we have been since being together, I had my husband cut points into the edges of 7 pieces of the scrap wood. 
I pulled the leftover paint from the various rooms of the house and used that to paint the various boards. 
 

 Makenna decided which colour to paint which board and set to work. 

 That leftover paint worked really well! 
 
They were dry enough after a couple hours that I could paint the words on them.
I also added the distance in kilometers from Goderich to each location, which I found using a couple different websites. 
We flew to Miami and then set off on a cruise to St Maarten, Barbados and Martinique for our honeymoon in 2003.  We visited Mexico in January 2012, I visited New York City in September 2012 and we went to Punta Cana in January 2013. 
 
After a couple more hours drying time, my husband nailed the boards to our clothesline post. 
There is still lots of room for more so of course to make it look better we will have to travel to more places so I can add more boards to this display ;) 
 
An easy afternoon project that turned out just as I hoped it would! 



And didn't cost me a cent! 
 
 

0 comments: