CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Kids in My Kitchen...Some favourite sources!

No recipe today. There was cooking going on here, but it wasn't really kid friendly cooking, and the verdict is still out as to whether or not they will like the soup I made as much as we adults do.

So, I decided today to share some food blogs with you.

First of all, to remind you why I think this is worth sharing with others, read this.

Kids can help with almost any recipe, whether it's a "kid recipe" or not. They can always stir, tear, knead, and if you have a 6 year old like I do, crack eggs. She is a huge help to me when it comes to cracking eggs.

But they have even more fun when what they are making is really marketed to them. I have many favourite sources for kid friendly recipes and here are just a few:

The recipes from the Family Fun website. Lots of easy, cute themed recipes for every season, holiday and occasion. They also have a whole section just on Birthday Cakes. I get this magazine and its ideas have been long time favourites of mine.

Gimme Some Oven. My friend Emily introduced me to this blog a little while ago and it has really appealing, really manageable recipes. Great pictures too!

Cute food for Kids. This blog is just too cute. This is one dedicated Mommy. Now, she does use a lot of sushi, which is something I will not be doing, but I do love the apple carving and have started doing this myself.

The Decorated Cookie. It was the above blog that led me to this one. She is very well established and has a separate craft blog too. As mentioned, she likes to decorate cookies, among other things. She is an artist with her food and even has an entire section devoted to marshmallows. Love it.

The Huron County Food Blog. Amy and her colleagues from The Huron County Health Unit deliver great local information and recipes using ingredients that are in season and easily available to Huron County residents. There are two great contests advertised on her blog right now - one for Huron County residents and one specifically for kids in grades 1-6, put on by Eat Right Ontario...check them out!!

These are just a few favourite sites and a good start for today. How about you?
Do you have any favourite recipe websites and /or blogs? I'd love for you to share them here!

0 comments: