CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I love you...I love you not...

It's been awhile since I have done the "I love you, I love you not" posts. I was thinking about it this week, and had various other blogs/websites I wanted to share in the "love you" part...then I thought why not just do that? So, here are some sites I have come across in last little bit that I liked and wanted to share.

First of all, the website http://www.simplyfrugal.ca/ does this very same thing every Saturday. If you do not already "like" this page on facebook, you really should. A couple of today's links on my blog come from her blog.

Like this one, which has free printable Christmas organizers. Organize your budget, organize your holiday meals, Organize your shopping, your decorating ideas...all these printable pages to try to keep you from feeling overwhelmed. Just don't lose them once you have filled them out! lol. Christmas. It's coming.

And this one, about composting. How to start, how to continue, what to add, what not to add, etc. Be sure to read the comments from the others at the end too. Jodi Durnin, this one is for you ;)

Speaking of Jodi, she stumbled across this blog awhile ago and shared it with me. Check out the author's "bath toys" Brilliant, I say. I especially like the ones with the letters and words.

I have shared Jodi's photography blog with you before and I am one of her biggest cheerleaders. Here she shares the face and family of another one of her biggest cheerleaders, someone she and I both know quite well, in different contexts.

Another friend of mine, a former coworker, also has a photography business, and her most recent blog post is worth sharing too. When I saw it, I was instantly reminded of the movie "Pearl Harbour". Great, great work Tricia!

And, what would a post from me be without some mention of food? Another friend of mine is responsible for the upkeep of The Huron County Health Unit's food blog and yesterday's post was a collection of yummy fall recipes. Enjoy!

Love you not...
Okay, here is one of my pet peeves: Playing your drama out on facebook. I do not enjoy seeing people bickering, arguing, namecalling, venting on and on and on, etc, publically on facebook. Like as a part of their statuses, which I can't avoid, because they show up in my newsfeed. When they show up on my newsfeed homepage I can't help but read them, and all the comments that follow, none of which is anybody else's business. Certainly not mine. Then, when others feel compelled to comment on business that isn't theirs either, the authors get angry...especially when the comments are of a different opinion. Which begs the question: why are you posting all this crap on facebook if you don't want to hear the thoughts and opinions of others? If you want to keep it private, keep it off facebook. And do you realize who is reading it? Many people people besides the intended audience. Do you really want 327 of your "closest family and friends" reading all this drama, day in and day out?

Now, as for the "love you" stuff...I do have a couple.

I recieved a message today inquiring about the possibility of me providing cheesecakes, including the wedding cake, at a wedding at Hessenland next summer. The couple currently resides in Edmonton. That's exciting.

Also, there is a book Jeff wants that costs $80 (I know, you're all shocked, but it has to do with the fire dept). Thankfully, this book is available at amazon.ca Thanks to swagbucks, I already have $30 in gift certificates to amazon.ca...which makes the idea of spending $80 on a book...for Jeff...a little better. Thanks to everyone who has signed up with swagbucks!

1 comments:

Trish said...

Thanks for the mention in your blog post! I'm just visiting all my favourite blogs and getting caught up on my reading! :)
P.S. I TOTALLY agreed with your "love you not" comment on Facebook fights/negativity.