CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Friday, August 6, 2010

I love you...I love you not...

Love you...

I've been discovering some fun new places on the internet lately, and thought I would share some here...



I love this site and its colouring pages - so many differnet ones, guaranteed to please any child...now all i need is a printer...



Through the blogs on my blogroll I discover other blogs, written by people I have never met...that's how I discovered this blog. Now, I'm not, and never will be, a seamstress, but i love what she does and think maybe someday i could find someone to make some of this stuff for me. And, occasionally she posts ideas that don't require sewing. Really super cute stuff.



I am all about saving money, coupons, free samples, free stuff and finding good deals. I stumbled across the Simply Frugal Site about a week ago and have taken advantage of a few of their offers already. Lovin this site.

Muffins. I love muffins. They are so quick, simple and portable. I make banana muffins frequently and the kids just gobble them up. I got 7 cups of shredded zucchini from the 2 zuchinnis that came from my mother in law's garden and made chocolate chip zucchini muffins last night. Makenna's not crazy about them, but I don't know why cause I think they are awesome. I got a muffin cookbook as a wedding shower gift but sold it in a yard sale, something I regret doing now.


How involved my family is with my kids. Summer is always a busy time, and has us requiring babysitters more often than any other time of year. To hire a babysitter each time we need one would add up to more money than it would be worth to go out and my mom and grandma have really stepped up this summer. Today, they decided to take them to Storybook Park in Owen Sound, a place they have never been and will just love...I hope. It can be hard living here and needing babysitters, especially over night and weekend long babysitters when none of our family lives in Goderich. It's a process of getting them packed up and driving them the hour each way to their nearest family members to be dropped off overnight or for the weekend and then getting them back home again. But my mom and grandma have really helped out this summer and we REALLY appreciate it. It's good for my kids too because they are developing close relationships with their grandma and great grandma, which is so important. For me it was easy, I saw my grandma almost every day until I was 18, so the relationship was built and solidified early on, and on an ongoing basis, but for our kids who don't live as close to their extended family, its harder for them to develop those close relationships. This summer has really helped them do that with their Grandma Tam and Great Gran who have both offered and volunteered way more than they needed to and who have done things with them to make their visits memorable and enjoyable. I like not having to ask. I like that they are wanted, and that they ask me to have them. That they ask me if they can take them to Storybook Park.

Love you not:



Fruit flies! Ugh. I love fruit, i love baking, and having the fresh blueberries and peaches on hand right now, but man do I hate fruit flies! Seriously, where do they even come from?



Those tiny little bugs outside that swarm around your head...know what I mean? You can barely see them, but there are about a million of them, and they like to hang out by your head. I've had a few bad days with them lately...do they come out in certain types of weather? are they attracted to shampoo or perfume? They are terrible.



Bleach. I have bad luck with bleach. Having 2 kids I need to use bleach in the laundry almost every week. And almost every week I either splash some on the clothes I am wearing, or still have a bit of bleach on my hands and then touch the clothes I am wearing, or lean over the washing machine only to discover there's a bit of bleach spilled exactly where I leaned...I have wrecked 2 shirts and a pair of shorts just in the past month, by bleach stains.

And, I might also mention, the item the bleach was intended for, never comes completely clean.







Today we are celebrating our friends' wedding - Congratulations Erynn and Jon!! On the same day, my brother and his wife are both in a wedding for their lifelong friends - Congratulations Amy and Kris!



And this weekend also marks Matt and Jodi's first anniversary! What a great day that was a year ago...Congratulations to you two as well! xoxoxo.

0 comments: