CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Chip Trips!

Well, Makenna has only one day left of school before she is offically a "big kid". Next year she'll be in grade 1. Where did THAT time go?

But that could (and likely will be) a post in itself.

For now, the focus is...summertime! And what we're going to do for our summer vacation. Last year we went to Marineland and Niagara Falls and she fell in love with that place. So much so that we went back for March Break. Of course she is requesting to go back there again this usmmer, but Jeff and I are planning to go in a different direction this time.

The original plan last year was to go to Centreville Amusement Park and the Zoo in Toronto, but Toronto's garbage strike interfered, as there was no ferry service to Toronot Island, where Centreville is located.
So, that's the plan for this year. I already won an adult all day ride pass off of their Facebook site and continue to enter their daily contests hoping to win more passes. I can get the Zoo tickets through Airmiles and, I happen to have a friend who works at a large hotel chain and has offered me their Friends and Family Rate. I'm trying to do it as economically as I can.

Last night I discovered the "Practicalmum" site, which is also running a contest for Centreville ride passes. While I was there, I stumbled upon her post about "Chip trips".

THIS is a promotion made for me. I am a chipaholic. Absolutely. I have been known to finish a whole bag in one seating and not really even be aware of it.

Well, now my addiction is paying off! Lays Potato Chips is running a promotion this summer. There is a code on specially marked bags that when entered online, will earn you points. Different sized bags earn you different amounts of points. Those points can then be cashed in for vouchers all across Canada, including places like the CN Tower, Ontario Place, Centreville, African Lion's Safari and more!



How awesome is this?? It seems pretty good to me. One bag of chips is worth 10 points, and 10 points saves you $16.50 at the CN Tower.

Now, we don't always buy Lays Chips, we normally buy a cheaper bag, but for the duration of this promotion, I am willing to spend the extra buck!

And hey, if you have Lays chips bags but won't be participating in this promotion, I will gladly take the codes from the bags!

To learn more click here. And once on their site, click on the "search trips" button to view the many many options.

Love finding stuff like this!

1 comments:

Shelagh said...

I am so glad you found practicalmum.com and thrilled the Chips Trips will be of use. We are loving it... next stop.. .Ottawa. We will be using some of the points to do some sightseeing around our nation's capitol!

Come back and see us often, we are really happy to "meet" you!