CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I love you...I love you not...

I love you not...



Sand throughout my house. My last post was about how Jeff built a nice new big sandbox. And it's great. What's not great is the sand being trekked all through my house. Sand in the kitchen. Sand in the living room. Sand in the bathroom. We have laminate flooring so I am constantly sweeping. Which is better I guess than constantly vacuuming. And it's been 2 days.


Walking home in the rain - At least it wasn't a long walk, and it was a fun night out, but walking home in the rain is never fun.

The after effects of a fun night out. Yeah, I know. self inflicted. absolutely. And I know a few of you reading this are right there with me today. I am not complaining, just commenting. And it was for a great cause. I'm just sayin'. ;)



I love you...

Hand me downs - last weekend I received a few bags of clothes for Jack and we took a whole truckload of flooring out of Jeff's brother's house that he wanted to get rid of. That will do our entire upstairs hallway and at least one bedroom. I love that.

Friendship - It's been an interesting few weeks. Life events have helped me reconnect with friends from a lifetime ago, have solidified newer friendships, and have brought a few existing friendships to a new level. I have cried with friends, I have laughed with friends, I have fallen (literally and figuratively) and my friends have picked me up. I have talked late into the night and early into the morning, and felt like I was back in highschool. I have learned things about people, and they have learned things about me. When you have a good friend, a true friend, it is such a great thing. Everyone needs to have at least a couple lifelong, true, forever friends and I am so grateful for those who are mine.


My front porch - Long after I leave this house, or if I'm still here when my kids leave, I will remember this porch. It was a selling feature for me, a major reason why i liked this house enough to buy it. We sit out here as a family and play with sidewalk chalk, or play I spy, or any number of things. We watch the cars go by and watch Jeff as he helps those that have broken down and pull off the highway onto our sidestreet (2 in the last month). Jeff and I sit out here after the kids go to bed and chat about our day as the sun goes down, rocking on the glider or in my hammock swing. I love this porch.

I also just want to wish Heather and Bryce a very happy first anniversary. A year ago today I stood beside one of my most favourite people and watched her marry her boy. It was such a wonderful, fun, great day. So many great memories - pushing the veil ( which fell out as soon as she started walking down the aisle) back into her hair when reached the alter, playing with the two sweetest flower girls, getting through the best man's speech and then my speech to be blown away by the father of the bride speech, the dancing, the catching up with old friends, the ACDC dance offs, the manure spreader and the mustang, losing my sunglasses, and of course, the end of the night ride home to the Wright farm and hanging out at the pool with some more of my favourite people...a year ago today was such a great day. For 2 great great people. Love you both. xo.

0 comments: