CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I love you, I love you not...

I love you not



Hwy 8 Construction!!!! Get used to it, you're going to hear it from me a lot. The road that I travel to and from work every day, Hwy 8, is under construction and has been for what feels like forever. Right now there are 20 minute delays. That's more time than it takes me get to my office in the first place! Sometimes I need to travel this road 3 or 4 times a day.
2 words people: Orchard Line.



Clutter: I am a pack rat. I have no trouble admitting that. And I have two young children so we have a lot of "Stuff". There are always Polly Pocket, Barbie and Littlest Pet Shop toys scattered throughout the house, along with puzzle pieces, markers, papers, books, etc etc etc. I am forver picking things up, trying to organize piles, and filling the recycle bin.

I love you:

Family days: Yesterday was one of those days where it seemed everything was going on. It was the "Touch the Truck" event, it was supposed to be RRHCs family photo day which I was going to be working at, it was Makenna's last day of swimming lessons, it was the firefighter games in Wingham, my cousin Travis's 19th bday and his sister Kirby's college graduation party so our family got together for a big pig roast, and Jeff's sister was visiting the farm so we could have went there as well, as Jeff's dad's birthday is tomorrow.

Well, the photo day was cancelled, so we did the Touch the Truck event, Makenna missed her last swimming lesson but it was worth it, we stopped in to get her report and she passed (yay). It was lunch time by the time we got home, and then time for a nap. Jack, Makenna and I all napped. We didn't go to the firefighter games because Goderich didn't put a team in...it would have been nice to go, because it's awesome, and my dad and brother both had teams in, but we stayed home. We went grocery shopping, had a yummy supper, and then took the kids to play at the beach until bedtime. We missed the pig roast and a visit with jeff's family, but we had a really great day together, just the four of us. It was nice.



Recipe Sharing: last night I blogged my meal plan, and all of a sudden this morning was flooded with new recipes from different people! I am looking so forward to trying them...taco casserole, Spiced Pork Chops with Pineapple salsa, stuffed pasta, and...Peach Sangria! My sister in law Cherie makes a fantastic sangria, so I can't wait to try my friend Emily's peach version. Thank you for the new recipes, and please, keep em coming!



Tim Horton's Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches: Jeff unexpectedly brought me one Friday morning before he headed to work...I love love LOVE these things, they are such a treat for me. Yum. And I love that my husband brought me one COMPLETELY by surprise. Love.

0 comments: