CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I love you...I love you not

I love you...

YOU and your encouragement: I received some really nice comments this past week from different friends of mine. Some about this blog, some about the Today's Parent article now that it's out, and some about the cheesecake business. First of all, it's nice to know that what I ramble on about here hits home with others, or makes you stop and think, or encourages you in some way. The Today's Parent thing IS a big deal, and yeah, I AM pretty damned proud of that. So thank you. And the cheesecakes are FUN for me. Baking makes me feel good, it's therapuetic and it makes me feel creative. I am so touched by all of the positive responses I have received about them, and I thank all of you who have been supportive.
So, thank you to those of you who took the time to comment on the blog, or private message me, or sought me out to say the kind things you did this week...thank you. I really appreciate it. You can never go wrong by sharing some kindness, and you may never know how important it is, or how well timed it is.


The ages my kids are at: I often say that I can't wait for Jack to be 4 or 5 because Makenna is 5 now and I love the age she is at. Yesterday afternoon she spent 3 hours outside playing in the backyard while we did yardwork and got the gardens ready. She helped now and then, but mostly was content to wander aroung the yard, playing out her own imaginary fantasies, happy in her own little world. We enjoy having real conversations with her, and watching her as she grows and learns new things. Yesterday she jumped off the diving board for the first time...no life jacket, no one to catch her...this is a fear she has had for a long time and finally overcame it yesterday. As she resurfaced in the water she immediately looked at me with this huge grin, and victory in her eyes. It was so great to see, and she was so proud of herself. The moment called for a McDonalds celebration.
But really, Jack is at a pretty fun age too. He can't be left on his own outside yet or anything, but he loves to be out there. Loves to kick a soccer ball, or try to hit or catch a baseball, or do pretty much anything he sees someone else doing. He has his little stuffed friends who accompany him everywhere right now, and he speaks to them as though they are his real friends. He has such a great little personality and is already a joker...he's at a great age too right now.

May Sweeps/Season Finales: It's Must See TV time, and I am watching. Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters...yep, I love my TV time and I have no problem admitting that.



I love you not....

In the Night Garden: Yeah, it's right up there with Glee, in my book. Makenna used to like this show when she was younger and Jack, much to my disappointment, has discovered it too. And while he was watching it, my 5 year old was mesmerized too. ugh. As if this show has made millions off of its toys, clothing, books, etc etc etc. I am not a fan.


Puke: Yes i know I have said this before and my feeling remains the same. I will admit I would much rather deal with puke than diarheaa, but still. Jack threw up 10 times on Friday night. Yuck. Thank goodness we had went grocery shopping earlier and bought laundry soap! He and I slept on the recliner, then up in my bed...he slept for 4 hours and then was up at 6am...good as new.

The smell of microwaved hotdogs: Ewwwwwwww...smells like puke. fills up my entire house. SO GROSS.

;)

0 comments: