There was this thing going around facebook a couple years ago..."24 things about me" or something like that. It was very popular, and I enjoyed reading little known facts about everyone else.
So, here is my updated version...I encourage my fellow bloggers to play too!
1. I read cookbooks like novels. Infact, I think I have more cookbooks than I do novels. I usually get at least one every Christmas, and I can always be found later that same day, sitting in a comfy chair reading it. Last year my sister in law gave me 3 for my birthday. This year I was lucky enough to get two - The Cheesecake Bible, (Thanks Jen) and The Happy Baker (Thanks Mom).
2. I carry a corkscrew in my purse at all times. I can hear many of you giggling. There is a reason. When I worked at Benmiller, I always needed to have at least one on me every day, and if I kept it in my purse, then I always knew where it was. The habit has stuck. And it has come through on many different occasions. People know that I will have one in my purse. and I do. They laugh, but then they need it. Thanks to my Aunti Di, I now have a bottle opener in my purse too. Cause that way, I know where it is. ;)
3. I am addicted to coca cola. I really think I am. I don't drink coffee, I drink coke. Not at 8am, but often enough. And if i don't have it in the afternoon, I am dragging at suppertime. I need it.
4. I love country music. I don't understand how anyone that has grown up in Southwestern Ontario does not. If you live anywhere near here, you have partied in a field, went on a gravel run, and been to a stag and doe. Country Music goes hand in hand with all of that, and if you don't love it, I don't understand it. I have so many good memories associated with country music.
5. Typos are a pet peeve of mine. Especially in newspapers. Not on facebook, cause you get typing fast, and everyone does it. But on something you actually take time to write - pet peeve. Why do newspapers have editors?
6. I eat hamburgers and hotdogs plain. Completely plain. No ketchup, mustard, Relish, anything. I like cheeseburgers, and cheese and bacon burgers (mmmmm...A &W teen burgers....), but no condiments. In fact, if mustard touches me I gag. I find it completely disgusting. Jeff's brother is the same way about mustard.
7. When I was in highschool, I played rugby and during one game I broke my tailbone. It hurt. a lot. Not knowing it was broken, I drove to Jeff's parents house after the game and by the time I got there (10 mins), I was crying. I went back into town, to the hospital and there was nothing they could do for me. My teammates (many of them were close friends), got me a butt pillow and they all signed it. I still have it. The next day, because i couldn't sit in class, I stayed at Jeff's parents place on their couch. I watched the Columbine massacre happen live on TV all that afternoon.
So I always connect the anniversary of Columbine, with my broken tailbone. It will never be completely healed. My tailbone I mean.
8. Also in Rugby, one of my very good friends, Nicole, broke another girl's leg. We heard it crack from across the field. The ambulance came right down onto the field. And my friend Erin broke her collarbone. I LOVED rugby, and I miss it.
9. If Makenna had have been a boy, we would have used the name Jacob Roger. If Jack had have been a girl, we would have used the name Cassidy Lynne. As it is, Makenna Robyn is named for her grandfathers (My dad Ken, Jeff's dad Robin) ) and Jack Jeffrey is named for my grandpa Jack, (my mom's dad, "G'ma/Gran's" husband) and...well...for Jeff ;)
10. I am deathly afraid of tornadoes. I have never been involved in one, nor has anyone close to me, that caused any death or damage, but I am TERRIFIED of tornadoes.
homemade Triscuit bites
2 hours ago