CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Goderich Tornado: My interview with radio4all.net and London Free Press

To read earlier entries about the tornado, click here

There was a comment left on one of the first tornado blog posts I did offering me the opportunity to audio record my story.  I contacted Maggie, who interviews the people behind news stories and posts them on the internet radio site "radio4all" so they can be accessed by anyone at anytime, free of charge.  Based out of Hamilton, she had already interviewed Tom Jasper from the ODRAP/ Goderich Tornado Disaster Relief Fund, Mary from St Vincent de Paul, and Kelly from the Goderich Grill.  I agreed to do an interview with her, although I must say, I was quite nervous about it. 

Thankfully it was taped, not live, so she could edit parts of it. 

The interview is just over 30 mins long.  If you would like to hear it, click here and scroll down to download "Melissa's story". 

If you get to the radio4all.net homepage, just type "Goderich" into the search bar. 

Yesterday various residents of Goderich, including myself, spoke with a reporter from London Free Press.  You can view that article here.  Be sure to watch the video too. 

Yesterday I received a message from a woman I had just recently met, who understands completely what its like to be in my shoes.  She said "We don't work through these types of events, we learn to incorporate them into our lives in ways that help us make sense of what has happened so that we can move on".

0 comments: