CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Kids in my Kitchen: Sweet and Simple Snack!

"The Kids in my Kitchen" is part of an ongoing series where I blog a recipe the kids and I made together. Why do I think it's important for my kids to be in my kitchen with me? Read this.



April 17 2011...


Seriously?

This is the winter that will not end! It's been Spring for almost a month, officially, but the snow keeps finding its way back! Today was a day to stay in and stay warm. But we brightened the day a little bit with a simple, fun snack.


Bananas are always around $0.69/bunch at Food Basics and the Strawberries were on sale 3/$5 at Zehrs this week.

Slice the strawberries...


And the bananas...

This provided the opportunity for Makenna to practice cutting with a sharp knife (closely supervised of course).

Add to the bowl of sliced fruit a little bit of chocolate sauce, just to make it fun...


Drizzled chocolate sauce can make anything just a bit more special!


Both kids asked for a second bowlful. Neither of them like to eat bananas the traditional way, but have no trouble making them disappear when presented this way.

0 comments: