CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Friday, January 28, 2011

Supper gone wrong.

At lunchtime today, my husband made a request for Chicken Parmesan with Pasta for supper.
No problem. So I pulled the chicken breasts and our homemade pasta sauce out of the freezer.


3:45: I coat the chicken breasts with breadcrumbs and bake them at 350 F for 45 mins.

4:30: I cover the chicken breasts in our homemade pasta sauce , mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and pop them back in the oven for an additional 30 mins.


4:50 I start boiling the water for the pasta and microwaving the rest of the homemade sauce for the pasta.



4:55 I check the sauce by tasting it. The sauce is hot. very hot. Not temperature hot, spicy hot.



!@!(@&!



Have I mentioned here before that we also make our own Salsa???

I look at the oven...where the chicken has been baking in the sauce...SALSA....for the last 30 mins and is now ready. I look at my kids.



!^(&@^!!!
What to do?

4:59 I phone Jeff at work (He's done at 5pm).

"You need to go get pasta sauce. I just made chicken parmesan with salsa. You also need to learn how to label containers, but we will discuss that later. I am not putting salsa on our pasta".



5:01 I take the chicken out of the oven. Looks great. You'd never know it's covered in salsa. I feel grateful that we are not having company for dinner.



5:10 After some internal debate, I scrape the "sauce" off
of the chicken, and smother the pasta in parmesan cheese and serve it to the kids.


They eat it, none the wiser...wondering why I am taking their picture.




5:15. Jeff arrives. "What I heard during that phone call was that you were stressed and needed wine".


I am again reminded why I married this man.


5:20. We eat our salsa chicken, which is so damned hot I needed water more than wine. We make great salsa. Really hot, burn your lips salsa. Jeff thinks dinner is great. We discuss the merits of a label maker. Or a marker.


10:40: I share this with you, as I finish off the wine.
;)

0 comments: