CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Bowl Full of Lemons: Challenge # 1

Yesterday I told you I have signed up with A Bowl Full of Lemons to complete a series of weekly challenges to help better clean and organize my home.


The first challenge starts today and involves making a Home Management Binder. I will confess I currently have nothing even close to this, unless you count my Day Planner, my wall calendar and my fridge, which is covered in papers.

I wasn't even sure I really needed something like this, as we are not an overly busy family, our kids are still young and their activities are easily managed at this point. But at the bottom of Toni's post are links to other blogs who are undertaking this same challenge and as I read through some of those I started to see how this could work for me.

The areas I am thinking of including are Coupons (with those plastic baseball card holder sheet things), Take out Menus, Meal Plans, a weekly and monthly cleaning schedule, Fire Dept meeting schedule and Contact #s, Appointment cards, Grocery Lists, a "school" section for newsletters, calendars, order forms, etc, a master birthday list and an area for gifts ideas, a Christmas section, Contact info for our Doctor, Dentist, Chiropractor, Optometrist, Lawyer, Financial Planner, etc etc etc. It would be nice to have all of this in one place that anyone in this house could access at any time. My fridge would certainly thank me for it.

So, I am still kind of tossing it around in my head, but it is starting to take shape. Take a look at the blogs that have linked up at the bottom of this post and tell me: Do you have a system like this in your home? Do you wish you did? what do (or would you) include in it?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i dont have one yet. i've tried making one before but never seemed to use it. i'd love to make one that i would go back to daily. i think in order for me to do that, i need to make it pretty.

have fun putting yours together

Melissa said...

I have been surfing around the internet for printables. I found some good ones at http://MomsBudget.com
but am still looking. If you find any good ones be sure to share!