CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Meal Plan annnnnnnd....Love you love you not!

Yes, I'm still here.

My mood the last couple weeks has been somewhat antisocial. I wrote some blogs, and they really reflected my mood, so i didn't post them. I may later, once I have gained some perpective and can rewrite them to be not o...negative...or I may just keep them and add to them when that mood strikes again, which it will, I know.


But today I'm feeling pretty good, and accomplished, which is a nice combination.

So, I will share with you my meal plan (always a safe post) and some love you/love you nots:

Meal Plan!


Saturday: Roast Beef, potatoes and baby carrots. We actually cooked 2 roasts in the slow cooker , so that we can make beef pot pie, and have enough for Roast Beef sandwiches for lunches this week...yum.

Sunday - Family Reunion. I love potlucks. I am taking BLT Cucumber Cups, and Peaches and Cream Cheesecake.

Monday - Hamburgers and Corn on the Cob
Tuesday - Grilled Cheese and Fries

Wednesday - Penne and Sausage

Thursday - Pizza

Friday - I'm not sure if we'll be home for supper so I haven't pre planned supper for Friday.

It does look like a "crap food" week...I am trying to use up stuff we have on hand and it's been so hot that this week I am going for "easy" and "nobrainer" because after a long hot day no one in this house is really interested in a big meal.


I love you...

Naptime That may sound cruel, but i really do love it. I love the quiet for a couple hrs in the afternoon where I can sit on the couch and read, or meal plan, or watch MY show on TV, or facebook...I love those couple hrs of stillness and quiet, and peace.

My Recipe Binder Awhile ago, I posted that I had clipped the recipes I liked out of magazines I had been keeping for years. My plan was to get them all into a binder, organized by main course, dessert, potatoes, salads, etc. This is coming along quite nicely, and is putting lots of great recipes at my fingertips, easy to access. This morning we are having one of those finds for breakfast - French toast with brown sugared peaches.

Hydrangeas They are my favourite flower and I have 3 hydrangea bushes out in full bloom right now. I think they are just beautiful.



I love you not Stuff that is available in the USA, and not here. Makenna is wild about Littlest Pet Shop toys. She has asked for a Littlest Pet Shop Backpack and Lunchbag for next year. I have never seen any of that brand around here. A quick internet search finds some on Ebay, but shipping prices are more than the actual buying price. They also have them at US stores like Target and Toys R Us, but in some cases its online only, not in stores, and the American websites don't ship to Canada. The Canadian Toys R Us does not carry them. I do have a wonderful friend in Ohio who found a lunchbag at her local Target and is willing to ship it to me...but...all this for a lunchbag for a 6 year old? really? I could just get her one of the hundreds of fairy ones they have here in town...but why can't they just have that stuff here too, not just across the border? She also wants a Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Party, and I found LPS invitations online, but again, nowhere locally. I could order them, and pay silly shipping charges, but again...she'll be 6...it is really necessary to spend $15 on birthday invitations that will get thrown out? Why can't they just stock them here too? Canadian kids like to play with the same stuff American kids do. I don't get it. While we're on the subject, why can't Target come to Canada?




0 comments: