CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meal Plan for the week.

I am an organized person. I like to pre plan, I like to make and do things ahead of time, because, I feel, if I leave something to the last minute, something else will come up, or happen, preventing me from getting it done. A kid will get sick, I will get sick, Jeff's pager will go off, or it won't turn out the way it was supposed to, and I won't have time to fix it.

Having said that, I suck at meal planning. Night after night, Jeff and I get home from work and the conversation goes something like this:

"What's for supper?"
"I don't know...what do you want?"
"Doesn't matter, what do you want?"
"Hmmmm......"

............................

"what about chicken?"
"it's frozen, it would take too long"
"BLTs?"
"we don't have any bacon".

"hmmmmmmmm......"

"Grilled Cheese?"

sigh.
"okay".

Or McDonalds.
Or Hotdogs.

It's frustrating for all involved. We both like to cook, we both like good food, but we are lazy.
I have tried writing out a week's worth of meals on the calendar and it works for awhile, then tapers off. Or I forget. I have tried basing my week's meals around the grocery store sales, and that works somewhat, but sometimes I find I don't have enough supper foods.

So, I am now looking to the blog for motivation.
My plan is to post my weekly dinner meal plan on here, each weekend. Perhaps it will help keep me accountable. Perhaps you will comment with your own weekly meal plans, giving me new ideas. Hopefully, it will bring a bit more variety to my dinner table.

So, for this week:

Sunday: Beef stirfry and rice
Monday: Slowcooker Chicken Divan (Chicken, broccoli and cream sauce), baked potatoes
Tuesday: Pizza
Wednesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs (no sauce for Makenna, because it's not Jodi's "cheesy noodles")
Thursday: Hamburger Helper
Friday: Slowcooker Pork Chops (onion soup mix, mushroom soup) and rice.
Saturday: Potluck at our house

:)

0 comments: