CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"To the world you may be one person...but to one person you may be the world..."

About Me

Melissa
I grew up in a village of 500 people and now live in a beach town of 10 000. Wife to Jeff, Mama to Makenna and Jack. This is my place to share what's up with us, and the place where I sometimes need to pour my heart out about the not so sunshiney moments. This is my happy place. Thanks for stopping by :) Copyright 2012 by Melissa Wormington, that no part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, without permission from the publisher.
View my complete profile

The Wormingtons

The Wormingtons
Jeff, Makenna, Jack and Melissa. Spring 2012. Photo credit: Tricia Denomme/Hope Photography

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm back!

It’s been awhile.

Why?

Lots of reasons. I returned to work…a year ago this week. 2 working parents and 2 busy kids is…well…busy. Blogging wasn’t top on the list of priorities. No, those were reserved for cleaning, laundry, cooking, playing, and, most importantly…sleep!

And, it was a busy year. Both of my best friends got married, within 2 weeks of each other. I was involved in both weddings. My home day care provider got married too. Makenna was a flower girl. There were a lot of showers, stag and does, get togethers, etc. Not very often do 3 of your favourite people get married in the same summer. My husband was very patient.

And …life dealt me a couple of really shitty hands in the latter half of the past year. There were times I REALLY wanted to blog about what was going on in my life, but I couldn’t. A public blog is not good for your innermost feelings, if they are anything but happy, sunshiney feelings.
What I will say, is that my husband was very patient, and there is no bond like that between siblings.. I can only hope my 2 children will be as close as my brother and I, when they grow up.

But, I’m hoping we’re on to the healing stage, and it’s a new year. I enjoy writing, and I’d like to do this more often…so here’s hoping.

So here’s where I’m at:
Makenna just turned 5 in September. Yes, I wrote her a birthday letter, it’s in her scrapbook. She is in Senior Kindergarten and doing just fine. She is in swimming Lessons and Girl Guides. Last summer we went on a family vacation to Niagara Falls and Marineland, and she still talks about it, at least once/week. Right now she is wild about Littlest Pet Shops toys and the Wii. She is reading at a grade 2 level (at least, according to her teacher) and she says that when she grows up, she wants to be “a mom”. That’s got to be a good thing right? She is very perceptive and very sensitive. She is a wonderful big sister to Jack. I am amazed at how patient she is with him.

Jack turns 2 next month. Where did that go? And he is all boy. He plays hard, yells loud, eats a lot, and sleeps well…finally. And yet, he is so so so sweet. He takes good care of his “babies”, gives THE BEST hugs and kisses and has a smile that will melt your heart. He loves trains, tractors, and right now, above all else, ELMO. He loves all of his grandparents, and is coming around to his Uncle Kevin…who I suspect someday he will be very close to, along with his Uncle Mike. He also loves his “Jo-Jo” very much. He idolizes his sister and Daddy, and gets along very well with his cousin Quinn, who is very very good with him… but most of the time, he is stuck in mommy glue…which I keep reminding myself I will miss someday. He’s not 2, but he can count to 10, and recognizes and correctly identifies about half of the letters of the alphabet. They don’t have to be in order. I am not kidding or exaggerating and I have witnesses. He loves to sing the “ABC” song, but, in true Wormington style, his favourite songs are “Tricky” by Run DMC and “Pokerface” by Lady Gaga. We recently had “Tricky” on repeat for about 20 minutes while driving, just to keep him quiet.

Jeff is…Jeff. Still a mechanic at Pitlane automotive in Goderich, still on the Goderich Fire Department, still the life of the party. We have been married for 6 and a half years. You always hear that the 7th year of marriage is the hardest, but I must say, it hasn’t been for us. I think our marriage has had harder years than this one. I myself, have had a tough year, but our marriage hasn’t.

I am still a Family Support and Education worker at rural Response for Healthy Children. I love to bake, and in the last little while people have started commissioning my baking, which I am excited about. As I have mentioned, this has not been an easy year for me. I have had to take those long hard looks in the mirror, I have questioned everything I thought I knew and believed, and I have seen, heard and dealt with a lot of crap. I have seen pillars of strength crumble, and other ones rise. I have reconnected with long lost friends, who have understood my life lately more than people I talk to every day. I have found strength and support in the most unlikely of places, and been really disappointed to not find it where I thought I would.

But, as they say, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Remember Person A and Person B? Both of them had their prayers answered in the last year, and both of their lives have done 180s. There is always hope. It’s a new year. So, bring it on. Goodbye and Good Riddance to 2009 and here’s to a happier 2010.

0 comments: